Global law firm White & Case LLP has advised Kobalt Music Group Limited on the agreement by its shareholders to sell Kobalt to Francisco Partners, a leading global investment firm specialising in technology and technology-enabled businesses.
White & Case has previously advised Kobalt, an independent rights management and music publishing company, on acquisitions, fundraising activities, corporate and employment matters and on the divestiture of its recorded music and neighbouring rights operations to Sony Music Entertainment in February 2021.
The White & Case team that advised on the transaction was led by partners Michael Immordino (London, Milan), Daniel Turgel, Monica Holden and Emmie Jones and associate Angus Nunn (all London) and included:
- M&A associates Christian Holbrook, Marta Zieba, JX Zheng and Saskia Moss (all London).
- Financing aspects were led by partner Sherri Snelson (New York).
- Employment aspects were led by partners Nicholas Greenacre (London) and Tal Marnin (New York) and counsel Samantha Rozell (Chicago).
- Antitrust aspects were led by partners Rebecca Farrington (Washington, DC) and Axel Schulz (Brussels), counsel Tamer Nagy (Washington, DC) and associate Michael Kucharski (New York).
- Tax aspects were led by partners Will Smith (London) and Scott Fryman (New York) and associate Peter North (London).
- Intellectual Property and Data, Privacy & Cybersecurity aspects were led by partners Philip Trillmich and Tim Hickman (both London).
For more information please speak to your local media contact.